This public meditation and prayer garden is a work in progress and will be built and developed as donatoins flow in. thus far, we have been able to create the plans and begun to develop small areas of the garden. On July 31, 2014, we blessed the space at our 4 year anniversary celebration.
This garden will provide an physical space for all to come and meditate and experience the peaceful and calming energies in our meditation garden. We are asking those who have been blessed by our classes, workshops, gatherings, and services to consider making a donation to assist us in the creation of this community meditation garden We will be posting a list here shortly of what is needed and the associated costs. We will be posting pictures of the garden as we develop it and will have a prayer and blessing service upon its completion. We hope you will join us and support us as we make the image above a reality. You can make a donation of any amount to help us bring this vision to life.
Our current needs are (prices to follow shortly)
- cairn for center (approximately 2 ft in diameter
- 4 concrete benches for people to sit on while praying and meditating -- This has been donated by an anonymous giver.
- Tibetan prayer flags which will hang from one of the existent trees
- small outdoor sculptures of animals to be tucked in and throughout the grasses
- ground cover to go around the gazing ball and stand
- approximately 3 tall grass plants -- donated by anonymous giver
- about 8 medium grass plants -- donated by anonymous giver
- about 8 small grass plants -- donated by anonymous giver
- slate for wheelchair accessible walk around perimeter of garden and under benches
- pavers for center of circle
- butterfly bushes for back circle -- donated by anonymous giver
- sand for under pavers and slate
- landscape fabric -- $95.79 --
- 34 cubic yards of topsoil -- This has been donated by Chance 2 Grow (http://chance2grow.net)
All plants will be natural to this area and ones that attract butterflies and birds. We will be posting pictures here as the garden develops.
Visit our photo gallery for pictures of the meditation and prayer garden in process.